Quantity Surveyor (construction cost management)
We are currently seeking a Quantity Surveyor to join our team.
The candidate should have 2+ years of experience and ideally have chartered status
The Quantity Surveyor will manage the cost elements of various projects from initial concept to final account settlement. Projects include educational, residential, fit out, pharmaceutical and commercial projects.
The Quantity Surveyor must demonstrate the ability to optimise project costs, implement value engineering and ensure value for money whilst still achieving and delivering the highest standards and quality. The successful candidate will be motivated, have a ‘hands on’ attitude and possess strong career development ambitions. The successful candidate must be able to work independently and in conjunction with a team. The Quantity Surveyor will represent Bolger Quantity Surveyors at Client/ Design meetings and have the ability to cost manage multiple projects.
The role will involve the production and ongoing development of high quality documentation and reporting to meet specific client requirements.
Role and Responsibilities
- Prepare estimates and cost planes for a variety of developments using Buildsoft and Cubit Software
- Prepare standard documentation – reports, valuations, letters, financial reports
- Prepare tender documents as required by procurement strategy
- Analyse tenders and prepare tender reports at all stages of procurement
- Prepare valuations and cost reports ; adjust variations
- Assist in the settlement of construction disputes / loss and expense claims
- Prepare and agree final accounts
Desired Experience and Education
- Chartered (desirable)
- Pre- and post- contract experience
- Excellent IT skills
- Billsoft and Cubit software
- Firm understanding of contracts
- Excellent communication skills
- BSc essential in a construction related discipline
- The ideal candidate will be a results driven, self-motivated team player with excellent client relationship skills.
- Full drivers licence